We recently caught up with STYLECASTER to discuss our take on things for one of the most overrated nights of the year –– Valentine’s Day. Here’s why we think February 14th is a terrible night for a first date:
1. Expectations are far too high on Valentine’s Day for a first date, and that pressure may lead you to move too quickly and make impulsive decisions with someone you aren’t sure you really even like yet [Ed. note: And what if he/she’s an ax murderer?!]
2. Most restaurants have set prix fixes, and that’s a whole lot of courses to sit through with someone you just met.
3. Valentine’s Day is one of the best nights to be single and meet people. Go out with your friends and celebrate your love for each other. You’ll be surprised to see how many groups are doing the same.
4. Let’s say your first date on Valentine’s Day results in marriage down the road why combine your anniversary and V-day into one holiday? It’s like being born on Christmas! Le horror!
5. Valentine’s Day is a cheesy Hallmark holiday, so if you don’t have a date, rejoice and celebrate your love for yourself with a bottle of red and your own pizza. You do you, girl.
Check out our full feature on STYLECASTER, here.